Salary – 700,000 – 800,000 (ZAR) pa DOE
You will be working as part of the Core Network Operations team who are responsible for all aspects of maintaining Core network for ourselves and client infrastructures. We operate a flat structure so that the client immediately deals with someone that can resolve their matter or ensure that such “matters” do not occur. All facets of Network Operations fall into the scope of this role as does collaboration with client side technicians and our own excellent team members.
Key responsibilities for this job:
- Work on projects predominately involving maintenance of the existing Infrastructure and introducing any service improvement and automation
- Implementing projects within deadline.
- Providing technical inspiration and assistance to colleagues within the Core Network Operations team for both faults and network changes.
- Provide technical support for the development, implementation and administration of new and existing services
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of technology products and services
- Interface with multiple areas of technology and multiple departments to support in implementation of new solutions and products
- Where required you would be expected to work directly with the other teams within the business which include project delivery teams and client side operatives.
- Due to the nature of the role you will be expected to fulfil some of your tasks out of hours and to be part of the on-call rota.
Knowledge and experience required:
- 2-3 Years Experience in a senior capacity, 5-7 years networking experience
- Experience with various methods of load balancing
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Service Provider networks
- MPLS, L3 VPN
- Routing protocols (inc. IS-IS & BGP, OSPF)
- Switching protocols (preferably VRRP, VPLS, QinQ)
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- CCIE – Routing & Switching and/or Datacentre
- Working knowledge of SDN concepts
- Experience with BGP Peering, Transit
- Scripting skills (Python / Bash / similar)
- CISCO, Meraki, Dell, Palo Alto Network Devices
- F5 Load Balancers