Salary: 27 – 32k (GBP) pa DOE
ISUMO focus on the design, build and ongoing support of complex networks. We get involved in small, medium and large scale network deployments across the U.K. and provide 24×7 support as a service to our clients. Assisting their 1st/2nd line support with excellent and thorough experts that keeps them connected.
You will be working as part of the Core Network Operations team who are responsible for all aspects of maintaining Core network for ourselves and client infrastructures. We operate a flat structure so that the client immediately deals with someone that can resolve their matter or ensure that such “matters” do not occur. All facets of Network Operations fall into the scope of this role as does collaboration with client side technicians and our own excellent team members.
- Support client network infrastructures globally.
- Monitor and manage complex networks.
- Manage support and logistic components of the network, including installation of carrier circuits, colocation facilities, and equipment delivery to remote sites.
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 Network infrastructure Support where required, onsite and remote.
- Support Network operational issues in the infrastructure, including vendor escalation.
- Build the networking infrastructure in new offices. – Solve complex network issues in production, colo, lab, and customer environments.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired & wireless), WAN, and Firewall environments; understanding of OSI
- Layers from physical to application.
- Experience with Palo Alto, CISCO, Meraki Networks or similar.
- Experience with layer 2 & 3 protocols (e.g. LACP, MLAG, Spanning Tree, etc).
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP or OSPF.
- Experience with Wireless Networking (deployment and troubleshooting).
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- Experience with VPN technology (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs).
- Experience working in a network operations environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel if and when required (reasonable not excessive levels).
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- 2-3 Years networking experience
- Routing & Switching and/or Datacentre
- Working knowledge of SDN concepts
- Experience with BGP Peering, Transit
- Scripting skills (Python / Bash / similar)
- CISCO, Meraki, Dell, Palo Alto Network Devices